- Twin IC logic Control Mechanisms with DC Servo Motors
- Dual Auto-reverse Tape Transports
- Variable Pitch Control ±10% (TAPE I)
- Bi-directional Double-deck Continuous Record/Playback
- Parallel Recording (TAPEI & II simultaneously)
- Normal & High Speed Dubbing (TAPE I to TAPE II)
- Synchro-reverse Dubbing
- Mic/Line Mixing Recording (TAPE I & II)
- A-B Repeat Playback
- Return to Zero (TAPE I)
- Microphone Input with Mixing Control
Versatile REC/PLAYBACK modes
Auto reverse deck with REC/PLAYBACK for TAPE I and TAPE II. Each tape deck records/plays back both sides of the cassette tape, with versatile REC/PLAYBACK modes as shown below.
One way: Records one side of the tape in either TAPE I or TAPE II.
Two way: Records both sides of the tape in either TAPE I or TAPE II.
Repeat: Records both sides of the tape in either TAPE I or TAPE II. Or, if a tape is set in both TAPE I and TAPE II, it records both sides of the both tapes.
One way: Plays one side of the tape in either TAPE I or TAPE II.
Two way: Plays both sides of the tape in either TAPE I or TAPE II.
Repeat: Plays both sides of the tape in either TAPE I or TAPE II up to 5 times. Or, if a tape is set in both TAPE I and TAPE II, it plays both sides of the both tapes up to 5 times.
Pitch control during playback
On TAPE I, users can control the pitch of the music up to +/- 10 %.
* TAPE II does not carry this functinon.
Mic Mixing for Karaoke recording
The W-890RmkII also employs a mic mixing function that allows users to mix recordings such as Karaoke backing tracks from an external audio device with your singing.
* You cannot mix the mic input with a track which is being played back from TAPE I or TAPE II while simultaneously recording it on another deck.
When you duplicate both sides of a tape, the Synchro-reverse dubbing automatically changes direction of the Playback/Recording of the both decks at the same time.